DS-10 Getting started with Neo4j and Gephi Tool
Neo4j Graph Platform - The Leader in Graph Databases
Knowledge Graphs: Data in Context for Responsive Businesses Neo4j Aura Enterprise Now On AWS The leading graph…
Neo4j is one of the popular Graph Databases and Cypher Query Language (CQL). Neo4j is written in Java Language. This tutorial explains the basics of Neo4j.
Neo4j stores and displays data in the form of a graph. In Neo4j, data is represented by nodes and relationships between those nodes.
Neo4j is best for storing data that has many interconnecting relationships that’s why graph databases like Neo4j have an advantage and are much better at dealing with relational data than relational databases are.
Let’s start the demo,
- Download neo4j Desktop, and install it
- After the installation, Start Default Database called Movie DBMS
- And open it with Neo4j Browser as shown below Image.
From the left panel of the browser, there is a sample script from that we can access sample queries for Movie DBMS. And we are going to explore some of them Queries.
1. Hello World! Query which creates 2 nodes having one Relationship.
2. Get Some Random Data and display Graphs.
3. It will list all Tom Hanks movies.
4. Display graph of Tom Hanks’ co-actors.
5. List Total Node labels and Count all nodes available in DB.
6. Schema Visualization Of Database.
Gephi is an open-source network analysis and visualization software package. It is mainly used for visualizing, manipulating, and exploring networks and graphs from raw edge and node graph data. It is an excellent tool for data analysts and data science enthusiasts to explore and understand graphs.
We are going to explore the basic functionality of the Gephi tool. For that, we have to install the Gephi tool and need some sample Graph files so we are going to use the karate.gml dataset taken from Gephi datasets.
Gephi needs JDK version of 8 or above 8. If you already have it and then also getting the error of JDK then run exe file located at “C:\Program Files\Gephi-0.9.2\bin\gephi.exe” (gephi.exe) do not run gephi64.exe and make a shortcut to the desktop.
- Open Gephi tool and import karate.gml
2. After Open the file import Report Window is displayed having information about number of nodes and edges with other information.
3. Then It will open Workspace and show the graph related to datasets.
4. We can change the layout of graphs. there are many layouts available. In the below image Force Atlas2 is selected and display the relevant graph.
5. We can also change the color of the Graph from Appearance pannels.
6. Statistic panels have a list of inbuilt scripts from that we can direct run script and display the report of that selected Statistics Script. Below the Image Average Degree of the graph is shown. This way we can explore another script also.
7. Data Laboratory Section shows data table related to nodes and edge of an imported graph file.
This is all about the introduction to Neo4j and Gephi tools. You can easily visualize all the information using these tools.